Exposure to pesticides is never a good thing, but science is proving that they could have a devastating effect on our ability to learn. Most humans have an average of at least 5 to 7 pesticides in their urine. While the pharmaceutical companies are enjoying the ever-increasing need for thyroid medications and prescriptions for ADD, we are discovering that these diagnoses are caused by toxins in the blood stream.
One study, conducted by Elizabeth Guillette, Ph.D. and her team of scientists made a comparison to two groups of Mexican/Indian children who had similar ways of life and culture. The breast milk of one group was exposed to pesticide spray 90 times a year while the other half were only exposed to DDT spraying for malaria once per year. The results of these offspring tell a story of how we are causing our own problems in society. After 4 years, the highly exposed pesticide group were noted to show the following tendencies:
Could not jump up and down very well
Poor eye/hand coordination
Less sociable and creative
Poor short-term memory
Behavioral problems, including irritability and aggression
Further, it is noted that since 1973, the test scores of Scholastic Aptitude Tests have fallen. Is there a correlation between these test results and increased pesticide use and exposure?
Everything in our society is susceptible to certain levels of pesticides (especially Tryclopyr) that end up in our food. Plants, fish and wildlife have all been tested and found to contain unacceptable levels of toxins from pesticides. It would only make sense to stop the poison instead of treating the symptoms.
Eat organic food whenever possible. While there is little that can be done to reverse the damage, future generations can have a better chance of being the brightest and best through improved human intelligence.
Courtesy of Doris J. Rapp, MD, Our Toxic World, 2004